Mi’kmaq-Maliseet Social Work students to host Social Action Fair
Students in the Mi’kmaq-Maliseet Social Work Program at St. Thomas University invite everyone to a Social Action Fair on unceded Mi’kmaq territory in Sackville.
When: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 11:00am to 1:00pm (Atlantic time)
Where: Tweedie Hall, Wallace McCain Student Centre, Mount Allison University, Sackville
Students this year want to engage other students, faculty and community members in taking action on the following issues affecting their communities:
- Missing and murdered Indigenous women, girls and two spirit people
- Indigenous suicide prevention/ #yougood?
- Breaking down stereotypes against Indigenous peoples
- Indigenous wellness for university students
- Harm reduction – ending the stigma
This year’s Social Action Fair is dedicated in loving memory of Brian Beaton, who attended the fairs every year, greatly enjoyed the interactions with students and championed their work.
For more information, contact Tracy Glynn, email@example.com, 506 440-5592.