Community Awareness Network (CAN!) is a six-part radio series on local social justice and environmental issues. It is broadcast on Monday evenings from 8:00 pm -9:00 pm on CHSR 97.9 FM in Fredericton, New Brunswick.
CAN! Radio engages in social action through raising awareness of pertinent local issues, providing a media venue for ongoing activism, and informing listeners how they can get involved. Content includes interviews, music, spoken-word poetry, and a bulletin of upcoming community events.
· October 31: Expressing Experiences of Family Violence through Art
· November 7: What the Frack?! Hydraulic Fracturing in New Brunswick
· November 14: Substance Abuse in Queer Communities: Structural Oppression and Cultures of Intoxication
· November 21: Overcoming Barriers as Newcomers to Canada
· November 28: Structural Roots of Poverty in Aboriginal Communities
· December 5: Disability & Access to Care
The dates listed above indicate the premier of each episode. The series will be broadcast at least twice, and podcasts will be made available online on the CHSR website.
They can be found online in two different ways:
Facebook Page: Community Awareness Network (CAN!) Radio on CHSR 97.9 FM
Website: www.chsrfm.ca (will include a show description and podcasts of each episode)