The NB Media Co-op is looking for an administrator.
Position: NB Media Co-op Administrator
Term: Contract, one year
Preferred location: Fredericton, NB. Ability to work remotely.
Compensation: $20/hour for 10 hours/week
Expected start date: January 1, 2022
About the position
The administrator will be responsible for:
- Preparing stories for publication on the website, nbmediacoop.org.
- Building our social media presence. Sharing our stories on our social media and other social media platforms.
- Mailing/distributing The Brief every two months.
- Managing our membership database.
- Assisting with financial management including keeping track of our income and expenses and bank reconciliations
- Supporting fundraising efforts
- Assisting with the NB Media Co-op Annual General Meeting
- Regular communication with NB Media Co-op boards/supervisors
- Strong familiarity with the NB Media Co-op and our role in the media landscape in New Brunswick
- Excellent writing skills (English and French)
- Excellent communication skills (English and French)
- Relevant post-secondary education
- Strong organizing skills
- Knowledge of WordPress for website updating
- Experience with website design is an asset
- Demonstrated commitment to the NB Media Co-op’s mandate
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Related work experience
NB Media Co-op particularly encourages applicants who are Indigenous, Black, or people of colour; low-income; women; LGBTQ2S+; disabled. If you would like, please indicate if you are a part of an equity-seeking group in your cover letter.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resumé to the NB Media Co-op hiring committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2021 at midnight. Applications must include “NB Media Co-op Administrator – Your name” in the subject line of the email.
The NB Media Co-op thanks everyone for applying. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.