A local non-profit production company has produced a new TV series with the goal of raising awareness and encouraging discussion about key social issues, and to highlight some of the great work being done by community activists, academics, and frontline workers.
Kitchen Talk is a conversational docu-series based in Saint John, New Brunswick, about the issues in our community that hit home, and the people who are making a difference. Co-produced by local community activists Raven Blue and Cheryl Johnson, the TV series recently launched on Bell Fibe TV1, with six episodes, approximately 12 minutes each, discuss the following issues with subject matter experts:
- Housing and Addictions, with Eric Weissman
- Food Security, with Sarah Lunney
- Addiction and Harm Reduction, with Julie Dingwell
- Public Transit, with Tina Collins
- Tenants Rights, with Julia Woodhall-Melnik
- Clean Air and Citizen Engagement, with Gordan Dalzell
Raven Blue is with the Industrial Parks Collective, a community-based producer of original content, events, and interactive digital products.